When it comes to the aesthetics part of a mechanical keyboard, pudding keycaps shine differently. With millions of colors to choose from, keyboard enthusiasts and fans of RGB lighting have one more thing to be ecstatic about.
Pudding keycaps allow more light to bleed out from beneath its keys. They have a translucent wall of colors wrapped around the sidewalls of each key with an opaque top, all on a dual-layer design.
If you’re a sucker for RGB and want to take your lighting game to another level, Pudding Keycaps are your best bet.
Benefits of Pudding Keycaps
Pudding keycaps are a keyboard accessory that performs one single job to add more life to your keyboard’s backlight for aesthetic reasons. It lets you take charge of one more aspect of your keyboard.
Colors are what make lightning pleasing to the eyes. Pudding keycaps are engineered to display RGB illumination through their double-layer design, translucent sides, and opaque cap. You have millions of color options to choose from to give your workspace a unique look.
The good part is nothing is sacrificed to achieve the illumination that lets the lightning stand out. The readability of each key is as evident as before. Switching to a pudding keycap gives you room for more customization.
The double-shot keycaps featured in Pudding Keycaps are made from high-quality thermoplastic PBT. They are designed to stand up to heavy usage and perform consistently over prolonged use.
Which Pudding Keycaps are Best?
Pudding Keycaps are engineered with one of the most rigid and durable keycap materials. Still, multiple companies make keycaps with differences in each of their qualities. The best budding keycaps easily show no signs of wear, especially at the seam between its layers. That way, aesthetics won’t come in your way of comfort.
In the keyboard accessory industries, not all of the brands stuck with the ‘pudding’ name convention. SteelSeries has pudding-style caps called ‘PrismCaps’, which they claim enhance your gaming experience by giving you an option to customize your keyboard. Razer markets their line of pudding keycaps as ‘phantom’, and Glorious has theirs named ‘Aura’.
Since only you know what you’re in the market for, it doesn’t matter what a brand decides to call theirs. The essential thing is to be aware of the keycap build quality. There have been instances where the layers of the double shot design separate into two due to heavy usage.
- Translucent design: The dual-layer design of these keycaps is designed to let more light through, making your keyboard’s RGB lighting even more stunning.
- Durable double shot PBT material: These PBT keycaps are made with thick walls and are resistant to wear, friction, and solvents.
- Signature HyperX font: Our bold, wide font allows for more light to shine through, enhancing the visibility and legibility of the individual keys.
- Stylish keycap removal tool included: Our keycap removal tool is specially-designed to precisely fit HyperX keycaps.
- Compatibility: The full key set is compatible with HyperX and most mechanical gaming keyboards. They complement the exposed LED design of HyperX mechanical key switches.
- 【Durable Doubleshot PBT】These PBT keycaps are made with thick walls and are resistant to wear. Textured finish for a premium look and feel. The letters on the keycap are closed and have no gaps. Exquisite workmanship.
- 【Ultra-Wide Compatibility with Standard and Non-Standard Keycap Kits】 The keyboard keycaps contain 141 Keys+24 keys, Fits most mechanical keyboard brands, for SteelSeries, Razer, Corsair, and almost all other MX stem mechanical keyboards. [Tip: If you're not sure if the keycaps fit you perfectly keyboard. You can message customer service at any time. We will answer for you! ]
- 【Environmental Keycap Storage Box+keycap Pulle】This pudding keycap set comes with an eco-friendly, beautiful, and practical paper keycap storage box that can keep your keycaps from being messy, so you can safely store each keycap. (Tip: The canned box and the eco-friendly carton are delivered randomly, and both boxes are very practical.)
- 【Perfect for PC Gaming】 Translucent layer unleashes more brilliant backlight effects out, upgrade your basic RGB keyboard illumination to another more dazzling and fancy outlook level.
- 【Ergonomic Arrangement】OEM profile, R1 to R4 row height, keycap surface tilt, tilt direction are different, curvature to fit the fingers, more comfortable typing.
- DoubleShot PBT Keycaps - The 117-keys keycaps are made of durable PBT with a special Double-Shot molding process. Highly resistant to oil, friction, temperature, and corrosion.
- XDA Profile Translucent Backlit Keycaps - The font is clear and fade-resistant. The translucent double-layer pudding keycaps can enhance the RGB lighting effect. Perfect to use at night to create a gaming vibe.
- Fit both ANSI & ISO layout - The XDA profile keycaps sets has 117 keys in total, including 104 base sets and 13 alternative keys. Compatible with MX style mechanical gaming switches including but not limited to Kailh Box, Gateron, and Outemuet etc. With ‘L’ shape enter keys, 1u | key, and 1.25u Shift Keys, the keycaps is both compatible with most standard ANSI layout keyboard and 102& 105 keys ISO layout keyboard.
- Extra Keys for Wide Compatibility - Come with 17 alternative keys, including different sizes of FN, Control, Alt and Shift keys(1.25u/1.75u/2u shift key), this keycaps set is works with both ANSI layout & ISO layout 61-key(60%), 68-key (65%), 84-key (75%), 87-key (TKL), 100-Key (96%), 104 Key and full-size 108-key keyboards. It's joyful to DIY your lovely mechanical gaming keyboard! (Fit with LTC NB681 Keyboard !)
- Easy installation - Specially designed Keycap puller included, allows you to remove and install keycaps easily. The double-layer storage tray is space-saving and makes storage more easily.
Since the trend of RGB began, many gamers and mechanical started to pay more attention to keyboard peripherals. Pudding keycaps let you personalize your mechanical keyboard by giving you more things to toggle with.
You should know dual-layer designs tend to separate under heavy usage; for that reason alone, gamers and keyboard enthusiasts may find them suboptimal.
Most pudding keycaps are compatible with MX-style switches. The trick is ensuring the pudding caps you settle for are compatible with your keyboard. Lots of keyboards have layouts that might require specific keycaps.