Mechanical Keyboards are priceless possessions for people who use keyboards regularly. With the ease of use that comes with it, we understand why gamers and people who type often look forward to owning one. Because of its effectiveness and ease of use, these badass keyboards don’t usually come so cheap. However, we have still managed to find some less expensive mechanical keyboards that won’t require you to grow a money tree in your yard. With a little under $50, you can join the mechanical keyboard community today.
Should You Get a Mechanical Keyboard Under $50?
Real gamers know that many times, your keyboard can be that added advantage you need to completely destroy every other player in the game. Keyboards also play a major role in most jobs done on the computer, and so, being stuck with the kind of keyboard that takes years to respond or produce feedback on the screen can be a real pain in the neck (and fingers.)
Mechanical keyboards take away most of these problems. Mechanical keyboards last longer and offer you more functionality. Many people, however, rarely go for them because they can be quite pricey. Nevertheless, you should be able to get a keyboard that is not too expensive, like the ones on our list.
Knowing that nothing good comes cheap, you might start to wonder, “is the $50 deal worth it?”
Is a Mechanical Keyboard Under $50 Worth It?
Usually, getting a product for a lower price than it would typically go for would mean you’re forfeiting something, perhaps some features, to get something else in return. It’s not so different in this case.
A mechanical keyboard at a lesser price means you’re getting cheaper parts. This is a good thing, but it can also be not-so-good.
The good thing may be that:
- You still get a mechanical keyboard, which means an improved keyboard experience, especially for gamers.
The not-so-good part may be that:
- Your keyboard may not last as long as a more expensive one.
- You may need to replace some parts quicker.
All in all, Mechanical Keyboards under $50 can be a good bargain when you need a quick fix to your keyboard problems. If you’re not too bothered about parts, going with one is not a bad buy, especially if you are short on cash. You can also consider getting a mechanical keyboard for under $50 if you are just looking to try out this type of keyboard against the other types you are used to. You can always upgrade when you’ve gotten the hang of it.
The 10 Best Mechanical Keyboards You Can Buy Under $50
Without further ado, let’s get into it. We have curated 10 of the Best Under $50 Mechanical Keyboards you can look forward to buying. You can trust this list; any items listed below have been tested and found fit enough for your gaming and typing pleasure.
We will examine our top picks under the radar of performance, build, and value. Here we go:
Redragon K552 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Red Switches)
- Tenkeyless compact mechanical gaming keyboard Redragon k552 tkl small compact with dust proof mechanical switches Linear switches quiet click sound fast action with minimal resistance without a tactile bump feel
- Rainbow LED RGB backlit mechanical USB gaming keyboard 19 different lighting effects and game modes 2 user defined modes 6 colors multiple brightness level breathing speed precision engineered keycaps offering crystal clear uniform backlighting
- Ergonomic designed steel series mechanical game keyboards high-quality durable metal-abs construction with plate-mounted mechanical keys and switches that stand up even during the most testing marathon gaming sessions
- Anti ghosting all 87 keys are conflict free nkey rollover featuring 12 multimedia keyboard keys and a non-slip ergonomic, splash-proof design comes with gold-plated high-speed corrosion free USB connector for a reliable connection
- Compatible with windows 10, windows 8, windows 7, windows vista, or windows xp, limited mac os keyboard support works well with all major computers brands and gaming pcs.
The Redragon K552 comes in next and stands at the best value for under $50 mechanical keyboards you can get on our list. It is a lovely wired keyboard for gaming PCs. Check out its main features:
- 87 Keys Red Switches (TKL)
- Rainbow LED RGB Backlit
- Speed Precision and Fast Action
- Compatible with major computer devices including Windows and macOS
Unlike Eagletec above, this one is a more compact size and features 87 keys (TKL) plus an RGB backlight. It is quieter than the blue switch version because it comes with professional red switches.
Every individual key responds quickly to touch, giving a faster typing experience. You also have a well-lit gaming or typing experience with numerous RGB lighting options; 9 different lighting effects and game modes, 2 user-defined modes, and 6 colors on a multiple brightness level.
One of our main concerns remain that it slides around when it is flat; pull up the keystands for a more stable experience.
No products found.
Many users have described this keyboard as good, and we think so too. VicTsing is your full anti-ghosting wired keyboard fit for gaming on many PCs. See its main features:
- Lovely Customizable RGB System
- Superior Blue Switches
- High-Speed and Accurate Keys
- Wrist-Rest Area, Splash Resistant
The Keyboard was built with a typical gamer or typist’s comfort in mind. Its many features are essential in keeping your keyboard experience hitch-free and smooth.
Firstly, the keys make for smooth and comfortable typing, helping you type really fast, and you don’t get tired. It uses blue switches that have been put to the 50 million click tests and passed.
It also has a fantastic design and layout for ease of use. It has a detachable metal outer-frame, which you can remove or replace as you like, and also has removable keys so you can clean out stuck pieces of food and debris from under the keys. VicTsing’s RGB lighting system is fully customizable, which means you can type in convenient lighting or play games for as long as you like in easy lighting.
Essentially, this keyboard is best for gamers that love to have control over their gadgets. Almost every part of this keyboard can be adjusted per your taste. If you’re thinking of going for this keyboard, remember this, especially if you like a keyboard that is already preset in a specific way.
Nevertheless, this remains a good keyboard choice, durable and quality, despite the low price.
- 104 Key Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - All keys Non-Conflict keys, removable Keycaps, strengthened Space Key. Specially designed keys for enhanced durability and tactile feedback offers a professional gaming feeling and the best tactile typing experience, also being ever so slightly quieter, fitting for office or gaming use
- Ergonomic Design -The perfect curves, the ladder-design, 2 rubberized holders under the bottom of the keyboard, streamline key form high to low, a gold-plated corrosion free USB connector for a reliable connection.enjoy gaming and reduce fatigue when typing on it
- Unique Mechanical Feeling - With medium resistance, precise actuation, audible click sound, and tactile bump feedback.with a contoured shape, sweat resistant design, skin-friendly. Ideal choice for gamers and typists
- Durable & Water-Resistant - The double-shot-molded ABS keycaps and brushed metal panel are extremely durable and abrasion-resistant.have an incredible 50-million-keystroke lifespan and 76 cm height drop test verify its lifespan and durability
- Wide Compatibility - This mechanical keyboard is compatible, support windows 10, windows 8, windows 7 or windows XP,android and ios. Works great for desktop, laptop, PC, Macbook and other devices. Comes with a 60-days money-back and 12-month worry-free warranty
Like the Eagletec KG010, this one also provides outstanding performance. If you cannot go for a keyboard as pricey as the KG010, Gofreetech is an awesome alternative. Here are its main features:
- 104 Keys
- Removable caps, fortified Space Keys
- Audible click sound, sweat-resistant for long hours of gaming
- Compatible with Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Android, and iOS
One look at this keyboard, and it’s enough to want one. It features the coveted RGB lighting and a wide design sporting 104 keys.
However, unlike the Eagletec with blue switch keys, Gofreetech uses brown switch keys, a good choice for gamers. The lighter brown switch keys would suit gamers better than heavy blue switch keys. If you do a lot of typing alongside gaming, however, KG010 is a good choice.
One minor issue we have with this keyboard is that it’s not as widely used as the Eagletec and so has very few reviews. It appears to be a quality product overall, but one thing is for sure; the Eagletec KG010 remains many users’ favorite.
- RGB BACKLIGHTING
- OUTEMU SWITCHES & Spare Switches
- FIBERGLASS PCB
- DOUBLE-SHOT KEYCAPS
- SPEED ADVANTAGE - 1000Hz pooling rate
This mechanical keyboard meets your fantasy; it is absolutely laden with useful features for your gaming pleasure making it our second best. With its Brown switch keys, it’s like a real-life beast when it comes to gaming. Take a look at its splendid offerings:
- RBG Backlighting
- Outemu Brown Switches + Spare Switches + Keycap and Switch Remover
- Fast action Speed Advantage
- Fiberglass printed circuit boards
- Hot-swap feature
Despite being loaded with all these features, it does the basic job of a keyboard really well. If you can get your hands on this keyboard, you got yourself a sweet deal.
It uses the classic 87 Keys, and each of these keys is individually detected, no matter how many you press down at once; an excellent choice for gaming sessions. It also allows for speedy typing because you do not have to press down too hard to get a key to respond.
The RBG backlight features up to 18 preset configurations for you to choose from per your mood. You can even create your own lighting style, unique enough to your taste.
For a keyboard worth less than $50, the hot-swap feature is a steal! It’s almost impossible to find that feature on a $150 keyboard, but this one has it. With this feature, you can swap and test different switches on this keyboard quickly; no soldering necessary.
Although the keyboard is plastic, it has an aluminum back-plate that gives it a rigid feel on the fingers. Generally, its space bar and other large keys don’t rattle too much. Even the smaller keys only ring a little for a keyboard of this price.
The only concern we have with Tecware Phantom is the non-detachable power cable that makes it a little bit clumsy. We also worry that should the cable break, that might be the end of its lifespan.
If you need a mx keyboard on a budget, this one is your go-to.
No products found.
This is the best keyboard for editors, copywriters, typists, programmers, and basically people who type more than they play games. Of all the keyboards on our list, this is the sleekest and cleanest making it the best choice for the office. Let’s check out its top features:
- White backlight for concentration at work
- Wireless, you get more workspace on your desktop
- Solid brown switch
- Speed and accuracy
This mechanical keyboard is most suitable for use in public spaces.
Its white backlight is not easily distracting, giving users ample time to concentrate. If you prefer RBG lighting, any of the above listed is a better fit. Even better, you can switch off or turn on the backlight option whenever you want to.
The Velocifire keyboard is also an office favorite because of its quiet brown switch keys, compares to the blue switches. The keys sound nice, rattling minimally save for the space bar and large keys, which is our major complaint.
As for the rest of the features, everything looks and feels good. While the rattling is not as bad as Drevo Keyboard, it would be nice not to have it rattle at all.
No products found.
This keyboard excites us for one thing; its compact size. Unlike the rest of the keyboards already discussed, Drevo is a 60% compact gaming keyboard. Its small size makes it quite portable. Here are its simplistic features:
- Compact 71 keys, tenkeyless design for portability.
- Bluetooth 4.0 connection, USB connection, 20-hour long Rechargeable battery
- RGB lighting with 7 colors and 7 preset lighting effects, side lighting
This keyboard is compatible with so many PCs, making it easy to switch operating systems flawlessly. Its lighting system also works amazingly as it allows you to switch between 7 RGB lighting effects or colors as you wish. It also has side-lighting, one thing that the other keyboards on our list don’t have.
For a cheap keyboard, the USB-C detachable connection is quite the find. It also makes it very portable and quality.
Of course, there are some little drawbacks. This keyboard’s keys rattle louder than an 8.0 earthquake on the Richter scale. It’s that loud. Its stabilizers are nothing to write home about. If you’d rather not have all that noise, then this keyboard isn’t the best fit for you. Another is that the keycaps look shiny and greasy after touching them.
Other than this, it’s a quality choice for less than $50.
- Professional Red Switches: Redragon K582 gaming keyboard is equipped with pluggable Redragon red switches, which are linear, top-to-bottom switches. These switches require less force to press down and the keys feel smoother and easier to use. No tactile "bump" but responsive. A great choice for work and play!
- N-key Rollover: 100% anti-ghosting 104 keys ensure the most accurate simultaneous key presses. Fully programmable - Reassign any key or set up the most extreme macros for effortless gaming.
- Dynamic RGB Backlight: 6 backlight themes and 18 backlight models allow you to type in the dark. You can adjust its brightness with FN + Up/Down. Arrow Key in any non-breathing mode.
- Extreme Durability: 50 million times keystroke test, small actuation force and short travel make it. Solid base with double injection ABS keycaps design, it is built to withstand a lifetime of gaming.
- Wide Compatibility: Supports computer system including Windows10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Mac OS X, Windows XP, Windows VISTA, etc. With USB golden plated port to ensure the stability of data transmission. No delay, no error.
The Redragon K582 is another superb choice for gamers. Of all Redragon keyboards on our list, this one is our favorite and most satisfying to use. See its key features below:
- Professional Outemu red switches for quieter typing
- N-key rollover to easily reassign keys for gamers
- 104 keys
- Dynamic RGB backlight with 6 themes and 18 lighting effects, fully customizable
This full-sized keyboard is the best RGB backlit option with multiple color effects to choose from this list. It has silent linear switches that work smoothly, although they still rattled a little. This is because of the outer plastic casing on the keycaps. Still, it is the quietest Redragon option.
For a more stabilized typing or gaming experience, put the rubber feet of the keyboard up. You would also find in the box keycap and switch pullers, and a few extra switches. This keyboard is the best choice for a gamer looking for the best TGB experience.
Redragon K552 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Blue Switches)
Like many keyboards on our list, this one is also widely compatible with various PCs. It has a high profile design like the Red Switch Redragon K552 in number 2. It features clicky Outemu Blue Switches.
- Compact 87 keys Blue switches
- 12 Multimedia keys for the ultimate gaming experience
- Swift response with individual key detection
- Tenkeyless Design
This keyboard works if you’re looking for a high-profile design that is not too heavy and has just the right feel for marathon gaming sessions. The RGB lighting has 18 different effects and game modes, 9 different colors, and 5 colors at multiple brightness levels, so you can work or game in lighting that suits you.
Some drawbacks we found with this keyboard include the odd Redragon branding that stands out above the arrow keys, not exactly suitable for the keyboard design. The clickiness of the keyboard might also drive you or any other person in the room crazy while typing. It makes a clicky, echoing sound, but if it’s the click of keyboard keys you look forward to when typing, then this will suit you perfectly.
While we’re not super excited about the keyboard’s non-detachable wiring, it looks nice to see its gold-plated connector. Weird flex, but cool.
Lastly, unless you want a ‘keyboard sliding’ experience, we recommend putting up its keystands when the laptop is on a flat surface for more stability.
- 【Compact Keyboard with Numpad】Unlike bulky full-sized layout, this 85% keyboard saves more desk space but keep the numkeys which is essential. Press Fn+Backspace to lock/unlock the numkeys (Note: The numpad lights up ONLY when it's unlocked, the rest of the keys don't have lighting)
- 【Colorful PBT Keycaps】 Constructed from unique and high-quality durable PBT keycaps, Havit mechanical keyboard has excellent touch experience and long serving time. Colorful keycaps can bring a more pleasant mood during games or work, decorate your space and enhance your life.
- 【Red Switches Keyboard for Different Needs】Perfect for office typing or playing games. Havit HV-KB487L wired keyboard frees up your desk during work, after working sessions, you can enjoy the keyboard for gaming, or bring it with you as the size is compact and easy to carry out.
- 【Ergonomic Comfort】The design of this mechanical gaming keyboard is based on ergonomics, the two keyboard kickstands provide comfortable angle for typing and effectively reduces the burden on the wrist.
- 【Wide Compatibility】This 89 key mechanical keyboard is compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows VISTA and other systems. Cautions: For Mac OS and Chrome OS system, the Num Lock function is not available, so the number pad is unable to be locked and will stay on.
This is a practical wired 89-keys keyboard. It has unique, high-quality keycaps that give it a comely appeal. It’s an excellent option for office uses, and we’ll show you why below:
- 89-key design to save workspace
- Number pad light can be turned on or off
- Red switches make for quiet typing (great for an office)
- Its design is ideal for long typing hours, lessens pain on your wrist
This is a great choice that gives you more than you bargained for. It comes with a wrist rest and mouse, all at the same price that gives you only one keyboard from our under $50 list.
The Havit brand design makes the keyboard stand out, giving it a sort of ‘Batman vibe.’ Although the product is nice and cheap, the performance is just okay. It gets the job done, but don’t expect anything spectacular. Typing also produces a lot of rattling.
- Gaming Keyboard for Home or Office the EagleTec KG010 with 104 Keys and Dust Proof Blue Switches Clicky, medium resistance, audible loud click sound, crisp precise tactile feedback, good for typing and gaming
- Blue LED Backlit Mechanical Keyboard offering 9 different Backlighting and Brightness Modes the precision engineered keycaps offering crystal clear lettering that doesn't scratch off
- Aircraft Grade Aluminum Abs Construction the PC Gaming Keyboard is constructed of Aircraft-Grade Aluminum and ABS with plate-mounted mechanical keys and switches that stand up to tough gaming conditions
- Ergonomic Keyboard, Anti Ghosting All 104 mechanical keys are conflict free (n-Key Rollover), Non-Slip Ergonomic Spill Proof Design. Full Size with number pad, Multimedia Keys, WASD Arrows Key Exchange, Lockable Windows key
- USB Mechanical Keyboard with lights Compatibility Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Limited Mac OS keyboard support. Works well with all major Computers Brands and Gaming PCs.
The Eagletec KG010 is a brilliant keyboard for the price it comes at. It is a gaming keyboard suitable for the home or office. It sports an almost minimalist design, yet it manages to go all out. Here’s a list of its main features:
- 104 Keys and Dust-proof Blue Switches
- Blue LED Backlit keys + 9 Brightness Mode options
- ABS Plate-mounted mechanical keys for heavy gaming activity
- Compatible with Windows 10, 8, 7
One of the key features that make this keyboard stand out distinctly is that it features 104 keys, against the usual tenkeyless design for the other keyboards on this list. The RGB backlit effect also makes this one our top pick for gamers.
However, these features make it one of the most expensive on this list, so if you’re not keen on a 104 keys or RGB backlit keyboard, you may opt for a cheaper one, such as the Redragon K552.
This keyboard also comes with blue switches, one of the many great choices for typing and gaming. While red or brown switches are more gaming-friendly, this blue works fine too.
In general, The KG010 makes a fine choice for a solid mechanical keyboard. To narrow things down, it’s an excellent option if you need one with 104 keys and RGB lighting.
Finding a mechanical keyboard at a price so cheap is almost a miracle; the bigger miracle here is that these selections actually offer you value for your money. Many of these choices suit specific gaming or typing needs and get the job done. Eagletec and the Redragon K552 (Red Switches) are our best choices for reasons we have highlighted above. Which one’s yours?