The significant advantage a wired keyboard has over a wireless one is the presence of a cable. It’s enough reason for some gamers to get hooked on a wired keyboard. For others, it’s not enough reason not to settle for a wireless one.
We take a closer look at what you stand to benefit from buying either a wired or wireless keyboard and which one fits your playing style the best.
Benefits of Wired Keyboards
Wired keyboards have the fastest reactions. Games that require lightning-fast reaction time like Apex Legends, League of Legends, Fortnite, Valorant, and Call of Duty need any advantage you get. You wouldn’t want your keyboard to be why you struggle during missions.
All you need to do is simply keep the cord plugged in, and you’re ready to start hitting the keys immediately. You run no risk of signal interference, input lag, or battery life. Your performance while playing your favourite games will be perfectly consistent.
You might want to employ good cable management tactics to deal with any clutter the wire from your keyboard might cause. Other than that, you’re all set.
When comparing the cost of a wired keyboard to a wireless one, wired keyboards are more affordable. Check out the cable’s durability, design, dedicated hotkeys, and build quality.
Video games are more competitive than ever, and what’s important for gamers is to have the least amount of latency possible. Wire keyboards generally have the lowest latency because they connect directly to the computer.
As you hit the keys on your gaming keyboard, it sends a signal to your computer after registering an input. It takes just a few milliseconds for your PC to process and display the information on your screen.
You’ll need those extra seconds a wired keyboard will provide when gaming.
Benefits of Wireless Keyboards
Wireless keyboards don’t require a cable to connect them. It makes storing and using your keyboard away from your device very easy. You don’t even have to worry about clutter since you’re provided with a USB dongle or Bluetooth for connection.
A wireless keyboard is excellent for gamers who want to enjoy their gameplay with non-competitive games. You can easily pack and transport it from your workplace or home to anywhere else if you don’t enjoy typing on a laptop keyboard.
If you play turn-based or story-driven games and hustling to be ranked and reach the top ladder is not in your books, you don’t have to worry too much about the type of keyboard to game with.
Wireless keyboards nail it in the aesthetics department that a wired one doesn’t even close. No clutter to deal with, and with one less cable to worry about, your set-up looks tidier and physically pleasing.
Which is Better for Gaming?
A wired keyboard will significantly help your gameplay compared to a wireless one. We believe low latency, infinite power source, and many affordable options are why a wired keyboard is better for gaming.
Wired and Wireless Keyboards Worth Buying
Both wired and wireless are worth spending your money on. There are advantages and disadvantages on both sides; you eventually have to look at your budget and decide which one suits your preference.
- Reliable Plug and Play: The USB receiver provides a reliable wireless connection up to 33 ft (1), so you can forget about drop-outs and delays and you can take it wherever you use your computer.Keyboard Key type: Deep profile. Mouse Scroll Wheel: Yes, 2D, optical.Enhanced Function Keys : Yes. Ergonomic : No.
- Type in Comfort: The design of this keyboard creates a comfortable typing experience thanks to the low-profile, quiet keys and standard layout with full-size F-keys, number pad, and arrow keys, Caps lock indicator light
- Durable and Resilient: This full-size wireless keyboard features a spill-resistant design (2), durable keys and sturdy tilt legs with adjustable height. Comfortable Mouse: This compact wireless mouse is designed to be equally comfortable for both left- and right-handed users, plus its smooth cursor control allows easy navigation on most surfaces
- Long Battery Life: MK270 combo features a 36-month keyboard and 12-month mouse battery life (3), along with on/off switches allowing you to go months without the hassle of changing batteries
- Easy to Use: This wireless keyboard and mouse combo features 8 multimedia hotkeys for instant access to the Internet, email, play/pause, and volume so you can easily check out your favorite sites
- STYLISH & QUIET PRODUCTIVITY – Sleek, ergonomic keyboard with numeric keypad features low-profile chiclet keys for accurate typing with minimal noise
- GO WIRELESS – Eliminate cord clutter with wireless keyboard connectivity and enjoy lag-free wireless movement (1), whether you're using a desktop computer or laptop PC
- PRODUCTIVITY AT YOUR FINGERTIPS – Wireless HP keyboard with integrated number pad features easy-to-access keycap shortcuts to 12 popular functions that can be activated with just one keypress
- LONG BATTERY LIFE – Stay productive without interruption with up to 16 months of keyboard use with 2 included AAA batteries (2)
- PORTABLE FLEXIBILITY – Cordless, battery-powered design makes this wireless keyboard easy to use at the kitchen table, the library, or anywhere you need a full-sized computer keyboard and number pad
- All-day Comfort: This USB keyboard creates a comfortable and familiar typing experience thanks to the deep-profile keys and standard full-size layout with all F-keys, number pad and arrow keys
- Built to Last: The spill-proof (2) design and durable print characters keep you on track for years to come despite any on-the-job mishaps; it’s a reliable partner for your desk at home, or at work, Wireless range: 10m wireless range
- Long-lasting Battery Life: A 24-month battery life (4) means you can go for 2 years without the hassle of changing batteries of your wireless full-size keyboard
- Easy to Set-up and Use: Simply plug the USB receiver into a USB port on your desktop, laptop or netbook computer and start using the keyboard right away without any software installation
- Simply Wireless: Forget about drop-outs and delays thanks to a strong, reliable wireless connection with up to 33 ft range (5); K270 is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10 or later
- All-day Comfort: The design of this standard keyboard creates a comfortable typing experience thanks to the deep-profile keys and full-size standard layout with F-keys and number pad
- Easy to Set-up and Use: Set-up couldn't be easier, you simply plug in this corded keyboard via USB on your desktop or laptop and start using right away without any software installation
- Compatibility: This full-size keyboard is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10 or later, plus it's a reliable and durable partner for your desk at home, or at work
- Spill-proof: This durable keyboard features a spill-resistant design (1), anti-fade keys and sturdy tilt legs with adjustable height, meaning this keyboard is built to last
- Upgrade to Logitech K270 Wireless Keyboard: Experience wireless freedom with K270, featuring 2-year battery life, plug-and-play simplicity, and reliable hassle-free wireless connection
- Keyboard with QWERTY layout and low-profile keys for a comfortable, quiet typing experience
- Hot keys enable easy access to Media, My Computer, Mute, Volume up/down, and Calculator; 4 function keys control Previous Track, Stop, Play/Pause, and Next Track on a media player
- USB wired connection
- Compatible with Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10
- Product Dimensions: 17.4 x 5 x 1.1 inches (LxWxH)
- A plug-and-play USB connection with Low-profile keys give you a quiet, comfortable typing experience
- Simple Wired USB Connection,You will enjoy a comfortable and quiet typing experience
- The keyboard for business and office working is the budget-friendly keyboard that is built for longer use
- Low profile keys for a more comfortable and quiet keystroke, desktop-centric design, splash resistant
The keyboard you use is only as good as your capabilities as a player. Input lag might differ between a wired and wireless keyboard, but that’s not all there is to be a good player.
Pick a keyboard that you can play comfortably on, something with suitable switches and feels great to type on without causing finger or hand fatigue. In the end, comfort is all that matters.