The significant advantage a wired keyboard has over a wireless one is the presence of a cable. It’s enough reason for some gamers to get hooked on a wired keyboard. For others, it’s not enough reason not to settle for a wireless one.
We take a closer look at what you stand to benefit from buying either a wired or wireless keyboard and which one fits your playing style the best.
Benefits of Wired Keyboards
Wired keyboards have the fastest reactions. Games that require lightning-fast reaction time like Apex Legends, League of Legends, Fortnite, Valorant, and Call of Duty need any advantage you get. You wouldn’t want your keyboard to be why you struggle during missions.
All you need to do is simply keep the cord plugged in, and you’re ready to start hitting the keys immediately. You run no risk of signal interference, input lag, or battery life. Your performance while playing your favourite games will be perfectly consistent.
You might want to employ good cable management tactics to deal with any clutter the wire from your keyboard might cause. Other than that, you’re all set.
When comparing the cost of a wired keyboard to a wireless one, wired keyboards are more affordable. Check out the cable’s durability, design, dedicated hotkeys, and build quality.
Video games are more competitive than ever, and what’s important for gamers is to have the least amount of latency possible. Wire keyboards generally have the lowest latency because they connect directly to the computer.
As you hit the keys on your gaming keyboard, it sends a signal to your computer after registering an input. It takes just a few milliseconds for your PC to process and display the information on your screen.
You’ll need those extra seconds a wired keyboard will provide when gaming.
Benefits of Wireless Keyboards
Wireless keyboards don’t require a cable to connect them. It makes storing and using your keyboard away from your device very easy. You don’t even have to worry about clutter since you’re provided with a USB dongle or Bluetooth for connection.
A wireless keyboard is excellent for gamers who want to enjoy their gameplay with non-competitive games. You can easily pack and transport it from your workplace or home to anywhere else if you don’t enjoy typing on a laptop keyboard.
If you play turn-based or story-driven games and hustling to be ranked and reach the top ladder is not in your books, you don’t have to worry too much about the type of keyboard to game with.
Wireless keyboards nail it in the aesthetics department that a wired one doesn’t even close. No clutter to deal with, and with one less cable to worry about, your set-up looks tidier and physically pleasing.
Which is Better for Gaming?
A wired keyboard will significantly help your gameplay compared to a wireless one. We believe low latency, infinite power source, and many affordable options are why a wired keyboard is better for gaming.
Wired and Wireless Keyboards Worth Buying
Both wired and wireless are worth spending your money on. There are advantages and disadvantages on both sides; you eventually have to look at your budget and decide which one suits your preference.
- All-day Comfort: This USB keyboard creates a comfortable and familiar typing experience thanks to the deep-profile keys and standard full-size layout with all F-keys, number pad and arrow keys
- Built to Last: The spill-proof (2) design and durable print characters keep you on track for years to come despite any on-the-job mishaps; it’s a reliable partner for your desk at home, or at work
- Long-lasting Battery Life: A 24-month battery life (4) means you can go for 2 years without the hassle of changing batteries of your wireless full-size keyboard
- Easy to Set-up and Use: Simply plug the USB receiver into a USB port on your desktop, laptop or netbook computer and start using the keyboard right away without any software installation
- Simply Wireless: Forget about drop-outs and delays thanks to a strong, reliable wireless connection with up to 33 ft range (5); K270 is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10 or later
- Stunning, Refined, and Ultra-Thin: The K100 AIR is an unbelievably thin wireless gaming keyboard just 11mm at its slimmest point, seamlessly blending stunning design and everyday productivity in an elegant brushed aluminum frame.
- Fast Wireless and Wired Connection Options: Three ways to connect to up to five different devices – Via sub-1ms SLIPSTREAM WIRELESS on PC or Mac, low-latency Bluetooth on up to three host devices, or USB wired with AXON 8,000Hz hyper-polling, for hyper-fast wireless versatility.
- Masterful Wireless Multi-Tasking: Quickly switch between wireless connections on your PC, Mac, and more at the press of a key, with secure AES 128-bit encryption.
- CHERRY MX Ultra Low Profile Mechanical Keyswitches: Offer an incredibly short 0.8mm actuation distance with a tactile bump, for ultra-responsive gaming and typing.
- Long-Lasting Wireless Battery with Per-Key RGB Backlighting: Enjoy up to 50 hours of wireless battery life with dynamic per-key RGB backlighting and adaptive brightness that automatically adjusts to lighting conditions, or go the distance with up to 200 hours with backlighting off.
- ▶ MARVABLE TYPING ENJOY : The tight, modern, ergonomic design with height-adjustable 8 ° tilt legs gives your setup just the right amount of edge, and integrated wrist rest relelives the tired.Plug and play,just simply set wireless keyboard.Open your computer and plug the usb receiver(Don't fortget turn on the wireless keyboard switch button)**Two version shipped randomly,totally same product just with logo or not**.
- ▶ FULL SIZE EXCELLENT TYPING : Each low profile key of the wireless keyboard allows for increased stability, while optimized key travel provides a comfortable and precise typing experience. The 12 multimedia shortcuts greatly simplify your work and more focus on the task at hand.The numeric keypad is also great for spreadsheets and finance applications.Notes: 12 easy access shortcuts cannot be compatible with Mac.
- ▶ HASSLE FREE CONNECTION : Forget about drop-outs and delays thanks to a strong, reliable 2.4G wireless connection with up to 33 ft (10 m) range. No other driver or option needed. Seamlessly pair your computer to the wireless keyboard and no interruption.
- ▶DUEABLE ENERGY-SAVING : Only take one 1.5V AAA alkaline batteries (not included). Up to 24 months of battery life eliminates the hassle of frequent battery changes, with a handy on/off switch and power-saving technology that preserve battery life.
- ▶ NO DISTURB TROUBLESOME ：With the crater key struction,the computer keyboard can greatly reduce the noise with only 3mm key travel.Never worry about bothering others wherever you go.Have a good time for office,home,travel,coffe time.**1 and a half Year Quality Guarantee**
- 【Easy, Ultra-Fast to Play】CL206 wired computer keyboard is super easy to use, it works instantly with any USB devices, no driver needed, no need to worry about interference that breaks your connection, no charging or battery consumption.
- 【Responsive Low-Profile Chiclet Keys】Provide optimized responsiveness and effortless tactile feedback that remind you the key has been hit. You can type with confidence with shorter keystroke travel so it’s decent to type on for long periods.
- 【Slim, Modern Design】Own your style with a slim computer keyboard with premium matte finish, and you can easily carry it when you work from home. This keyboard is compact and doesn't take up a lot of real estate on the desk, great if you have a small office workspace.
- 【Ergonomic, Noiseless Typing】The keyboard angle is adjustable with flip out legs, supporting your hands in a more ergonomic gesture to relieve fatigue and ensure comfortable typing experience. No need to worry about disturbing others around because it has 50%-reduced click noise.
- 【Optimize Your Productivity】Boost your workflow and simply how you use your computer with a large number pad, 3 indicator lights and 12 multimedia shortcuts, including video, volume, surfing, email control etc.
- 🌟【Ergonomic Design with Wrist Rest】This silent keyboard features a scientific stepped keycap design to maximize hand comfort for long hours of gaming or work. It also provides you with an ergonomic typing angle (7°) and wrist support during use. All keys have a soft feel and no loud clicks. It will not affect others when staying up late typing or playing games, it is very suitable for office or games.
- 🌟【LED Backlit Light Up Keyboard】There are 2 light-up modes and 3 levels of brightness for choice. ☼: Static Backlit/turn off; FN+☼: Dynamic backlight. Fn+PgUp: Adjust the brightness plus; Fn+PgDn: Adjust the brightness reduction. FN+ +/-: Adjust the speed of the dynamic backlight. (Note: the light is not RGB, the light color cannot be changed).
- 🌟【Durable Metal Panel Keyboard】This rainbow backlit keyboard is designed with an aluminum alloy panel, which not only improves the overall texture of the USB keyboard but also greatly improves the durability and water resistance. The metal frame on the keyboard is also coated with rubber oil, which is skin-friendly and feels more comfortable. At the same time, there are 4 drainage holes at the bottom of the led keyboard, you don't worry about spilled liquids that will damage the computer keyboard.
- 🌟【Multi-Media & Anti Ghosting】12 multimedia keys for your gaming operation or work efficiency. 19 anti-ghosting keys, every click is never lost, ensuring smooth typing. You can interchange WSAD keys with arrow keys by pressing FN+W and lock/unlock the WIN key by pressing N+WIN. (Note: Multimedia keys are unavailable on Mac)
- 🌟【Strong Compatibility & Quality Assurance】Constructed with a classic crater structure, this waterproof keyboard can withstand 50 million keystrokes. No matter how long you use it, the laser-engraved letters on the keycaps are durable and never fade. Removable keycaps for quick cleaning without worrying about dust or dirt. It supports Plug & Play and is widely compatible with Windows 95/98/XP/2000/ME/VISTA/7/8/9/10, Mac.
- Keyboard with low-profile keys for a comfortable, quiet typing experience
- Includes a matte black keyboard with US layout (QWERTY) and a simple wired USB connection
- Hotkeys enable easy access to Media, My Computer, Mute, Volume up/down, and Calculator
- 4 function keys control Previous Track, Stop, Play/Pause, and Next Track on a media player
- Compatible with Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10
The keyboard you use is only as good as your capabilities as a player. Input lag might differ between a wired and wireless keyboard, but that’s not all there is to be a good player.
Pick a keyboard that you can play comfortably on, something with suitable switches and feels great to type on without causing finger or hand fatigue. In the end, comfort is all that matters.