Gaming keyboards are quite popular, and every gamer loves a good gaming keyboard. There are many different types on the market, from average-priced to the most expensive, luxurious keyboards.
Gaming keyboards are not popular among gamers for no reason. They are tactical, precise, and pack a bunch of many other features that make your gaming experience extremely enjoyable and seamless.
If you’re going for a gaming keyboard, then you should look out for quality ones that are worth the hype. If you’re on a tight budget, it is still possible for you to get a good keyboard at a lesser price.
But if you need a keyboard where the producers splurged on features and functions that makes your gameplay extra-fantastic, then you should check out our list of the most expensive gaming keyboards you can buy.
What Qualifies as a Good Keyboard for Gaming?
If you’re out to get the best keyboard money can buy, you must know every factor to look out for that makes it the best of the best. These factors must spell out what a good keyboard is and how to know it.
What really qualifies as a good gaming keyboard? The price? The manufacturer or production process? While all these are good qualities, here are our top two (plus one) factors that make your gaming keyboard the best fit for your needs.
Materials and Reliability
When it comes to gaming keyboards, the materials used to build the parts make up one of the qualities that helps them to stand out. The types of keys that are fitted into your gaming keyboard can affect your overall gaming experience.
The materials also determine the durability and reliability of the keyboard. To detect the quality of a keyboard, check for a hard metal backplate. This is the material usually used to produce the best gaming keyboards, and this is because it ensures that your keyboard remains long-lasting.
The toughness of the material helps it withstand normal or abnormal wear and tear. Even if you handle your keyboard roughly (which we often do), it is no reason to have to get a new one so soon. With durable materials, you should have a great keyboard that lasts you for many years.
Functionality and longevity are good factors to consider when getting a quality keyboard, and spending a few extra bucks to buy you this reassurance can just be worth it in the end.
There are usually two main types of keyboard types when you’re searching for a good gaming keyboard. Usually, most gaming keyboards are mechanical keyboards. Mechanical keyboards are more precise and more functional than other types of keyboards.
The second type of keyboard that you can find for gaming, is the membrane keyboard. This is not usually very common for gaming keyboards, but you can get a high-quality membrane keyboard with a very low point of actuation and artificial haptic feedback.
Usually, mechanical keyboards are the first and most often the best choice when it comes to choosing a gaming keyboard.
Looks and Shape of Keyboard
One other important factor that we consider worthy of note when choosing a gaming keyboard is the way it looks. It’s no use spending a lot of bucks on an ugly keyboard that doesn’t give you bragging rights.
Once you have secured a highly functional keyboard, one other thing you should look at is the keyboard design. Although it is not so important as long as it will get the job done to your satisfaction, paying for a gadget that expensive should always make you happy when you see it.
Why spend tons of dollars on an ugly gadget?
Asides from aesthetics, the shape of your keyboard also have a lot to do with how much you enjoy using it for long periods. The shape can affect the ergonomics of the keyboard, which allows you to use it comfortably while gaming without having to take so many breaks at a time.
Another thing to look out for as regards looks is the keyboard lighting. Some of the most fun gaming sessions are at night or in a cool dark room to help you relax. Without backlit keys on your keyboard, whether RGB lighting or the standard white light, you won’t be able to see your keys for accurate gameplay.
Using a backlight also helps to reduce eye strain which can occur due to prolonged use of the computer when you are playing games.
Most Expensive Gaming Keyboards
Considering all the features and factors you need to make your keyboard choice is one thing, choosing a gaming keyboard within your preferred price range is another. If you are looking to go for a high-end gaming keyboard, then you already know you’re going to spend some money.
Just how much are you willing to spend, and which gaming keyboards are available for this price? Check out our list of the most expensive gaming keyboards to see the one that makes the best deal for you.
This takes the first place on our list as the most expensive keyboard up for grabs.
It is not called the “Flying Tigers” for nothing, its speed and accuracy provide users with efficient gameplay that makes you stand out among the rest. If you’re looking for a high-end keyboard that is precise and elegant, this should be your first pick.
- This keyboard is processed with the aluminum alloy high-precision CNC machine tool. Every shell is made with its own piece of aluminum.
- Standard magnetic upper frame that is detachable and can be replaced with others of different colors.
- Elegant design with wrapped curved corners, different from the squarish corners of other designs.
- 108 keys that are manually assembled and adjusted singularly.
- Designed with a magnetic structure that helps to reduce fluttering when in use.
- Clear and pure feedback sound with in-built mute cotton keys.
- Colors to suit your preference.
Happy Hacking (HHKB) Hybrid Type-S Charcoal Mechanical Keyboard is one keyboard that fits into the “looks can be deceiving” bracket. On the outside, it looks like a gadget with no discernible features, but it is one of the most expensive and feature-laden keyboards you can buy.
It features high-quality keys and a keyboard frame that is PBT texturized, helping you to keep the device dry and sleek always. Its minimalist 60-key design also makes it truly appealing to keyboard enthusiasts everywhere.
- Adjustable height up to 3 stages.
- You can connect it to up to 4 devices via Bluetooth.
- Intelligent key design to provide gamers and programmers with improved speed and precision.
- The ergonomic design also provides users with comfort, preventing finger fatigue.
- It has a fully customizable keymap with software. You can customize your keyboard to exactly what you need.
- Up to 60-inches cord length for hassle-free work.
This gaming keyboard gives you your money’s worth. SteelSeries Apex Pro is fairly new to the world of keyboard manufacturers, and this spells good news.
They are eager to make a good name for themselves on the market, and so, you can be sure of their dedication and commitment to offering you some of the best features and qualities you could ever ask for.
It is a great choice fitted with excellent options that can give you an improved gaming experience for a very long time.
- Adjustable actuation switches that help you customize your actuation distance from 0.4 millimeters to 3.6 millimeters.
- OLED Smart display to give you enhanced performance when you are on your keyboard. Its integrated command center gives you the ability to adjust your settings and tracking right from your game.
- Built with aircraft-grade aluminum that is long-lasting and super durable.
- It cares about your comfort with its ergonomic magnetic wrist rest that provides full palm support to ease your gaming process.
- RGB lighting provides second to none illumination, with up to 16.8 million colors per key.
- FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE & STUPIDLY FAST with OmniPoint 2.0 Adjustable HyperMagnetic switches
- WORLD’S FASTEST KEYBOARD — 20x faster actuation, 11x faster response than traditional mechanical keyboards
- RAPID TRIGGER — Eradicate latency arising from the physical movement of the switch through dynamic activation and deactivation of keys based on travel distance rather than a fixed point in the key travel
- ULTIMATE CONTROL — 40 levels of per-key actuation (0.1 – 4.0mm) — set WASD for light, ultra-fast movements and set ability keys to deep presses to avoid accidentally triggering specials
- 2-IN-1 ACTION KEYS — Program two different actions to the same key, such as walking with a light touch or sprinting with a deep press
This keyboard is on the compact side and is pretty great for all your gaming needs. You can describe it as the compact gaming champ because even with its slightly smaller packaging than other gaming keyboards, it does a ton of work.
It has a unique and durable design that also has anti-spill properties. It ranks among the topmost contenders for the best gaming keyboards. Its excellent tactile performance provides you with an enhanced gaming experience that keeps you unbeatable.
The Logitech G915 uses the LIGHTSPEED wireless feature that allows you to enjoy your gaming sessions cord-free.
- It uses LIGHTSYNC technology. This provides next-generation RGB lighting that synchronizes with any content you need your keyboard for.
- Comes with low-profile mechanical switches that give you accuracy and high-performance as you game.
- Fitted with thin aluminum alloy that provides durability and a beautiful design.
- Has dedicated G-keys that can be programmed.
- Up to 30 hours of game time with only a single charge.
- LIGHT-SPEED wireless delivers pro-grade performance with flexibility and freedom from cords. Creates a clean aesthetics for battle-stations. Delivers 30 hours on a single full charge.
- LIGHTSYNC technology provides next-gen RGB lighting that synchronizes lighting with any content. Personalize each key or create custom animations from -16.8M colors with Logitech G HUB software.Actuation force: 50 gram
- Low Profile mechanical switches offers the speed, accuracy and performance of a mechanical switch at half the height. The GL Tactile switch produces a discernible bump at the point of actuation. Comes in 3 options: GL Tactile, GL Linear or GL Clicky.
- Beautifully crafted, the G915 uses aircraft-grade aluminum alloy to deliver incredibly thin but rigid and durable design.
- Enjoy 30 hours of game time on a single charge. Low battery warnings at 15% on the keyboard battery LED and via pop-up notification in the Logitech G HUB software. Quickly recharges in 3 hours.
Corsair is a high-performance keyboard that doesn’t settle for less. It has a 4000Hz polling rate as opposed to the regular 1000Hz, coupled with a powerful processor to give you a fast and hitch-free gaming performance.
It offers two different types of switches, Cherry MX Speed RGB Silver switches or Corsair’s own OPX Optical Mechanical switches, which both give you fast performance. It all depends on your preference.
- Produced with an aircraft-grade aluminum frame that can last up to a lifetime of wear and tear.
- Multi-color RGB backlighting with unlimited color customization.
- It has up to 8MB profile storage independent of external software.
- Cherry MX silent switches give you accuracy and up to 30% reduction in noise during gameplay.
CORSAIR K70 starts at $139.99 on Amazon
- Aircraft-grade anodized brushed aluminum frame, built to withstand a lifetime of gaming
- 8MB profile storage with hardware macro and lighting playback allow access to up to three stored profiles on the go, independent of external software
- Per-key dynamic multi-color RGB backlighting offers near unlimited color customization and control
- CHERRY MX Silent mechanical key switches provide the reliability and accuracy you demand, with up to 30% less noise
- USB Pass-through port provides convenient access to an additional USB port for your mouse or headset
This is another keyboard with great features for a fairly expensive price. The KBD75 V3 is a fully assembled top mount keyboard. It is compact and has a 75% layout that is fully programmable.
It comes in up to four colors for variance and is produced with high-grade aluminum alloy, almost indestructible. If you’re looking to go for this keyboard, here are the features included in the gadget.
- Designed with aluminum plates with support to split spacebar.
- Screws and rubber feet for noise reduction.
- RGB underglow for a unique lighting experience during gameplay.
- It comes fully functional and assembled, so you can start gaming immediately.
D84 keyboard is a wired mechanical keyboard with 88 standard keys. It is less pricey than the KBD75 but still works excellently. The build includes a top and bottom case aluminum casing.
It is a soldered-PCB version with the type-C interface. It is also designed with a gasket mount instead of a tray mount to provide a more cushioned feel during prolonged use. This keyboard comes fully assembled for instant use after purchase.
- Keys that actuate fast and precisely.
- Sleek, ergonomic design.
- Cherry screw-in stabilizers, 60 sets.
- It features rubber feet and screws for sound reduction and to prevent sliding around.
Whether you’re shopping for the most expensive keyboard you can get or just looking to feed your eyes as you plan to get one for yourself, the important thing is to get a keyboard that will serve you.
With the many types of these products on the market, you must first identify what gaming or programming needs you want to meet. This will help when you go searching, as you will know what you’re looking for.
It also helps to consider the factors for buying a good gaming keyboard that we have listed above. It will help you know the type of keyboard to avoid and narrow down your search.